CALL TO ACTION:
next week in Tallahassee or call now:
Florida Against Fracking:
We need a huge showing from around the state at the committee meeting, and we need lots of people making calls.
There is funding available for transportation to the meeting, and we are making arrangements for homestays for those who can stay for the Coalition meeting on Weds. 850-888-2565
Call and Come Stand Up against fracking! Nov 3, 12-2
The pro-fracking regulatory bill is up in committee already! The Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee will hear the bill on Tuesday, 11/03/15, at 12:00 pm, in Reed Hall (102 House Office Building). We need as many people as possible to come to this meeting! We will have shirts, stickers, and there will be the opportunity to speak out against the bill. Please try to be there. (Rsvp to let us know if you need a shirt) 850-888-2565
Recall that these bills take away the opportunity for cities and counties to ban fracking locally. They are also contrived transparency – they are only supported by the oil and gas industry and their buddies. They fail to protect the citizens of Florida and our water and natural resources.
If you can’t make it, there are two other ways you can help. 1) You can house people coming in from out of town on Tuesday evening (to stay for the other events Tues and Weds) or 2) you can make calls to the legislators below to tell them to vote NO on House Bill 191:
(Listed in order of priority for calls)
- Chair- Tom Goodson [R], Capitol: (850) 717-5050, Email: email@example.com, Parts of Brevard and Orange
- Jake Raburn [R], Capitol: (850) 717-5057, District Office: (813) 653-7097, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Part of Hillsborough
- Neil Combee [R], Capitol: (850) 717-5039, District Office: (863) 968-5666 Email: email@example.com, Parts of Osceola and Polk
- Katie Edwards [R], Capitol: (850) 717-5098 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Part of Broward
- Cyndi Stevenson[R], Capitol: (850) 717-5017 Email: email@example.com, Parts of St. Johns
For others to call, go to the article on our blog: http://rethinkenergyflorida.org/index.php/blog ;