Learn How to Make Meaningful Springs Restoration a Reality
The 2016 Springs Summit will feature a series of plenary sessions to first describe current springs science and management and then delve into the agency, advocacy, legal, media, and legislative remedies that can generate meaningful springs restoration and long-term protection.
OSFR is a proud co-sponsor of this event.
Each speaker will provide examples of tools and activities already being implemented with positive results as well as a vision for future actions to advance restoration and protection goals.
The knowledge gained will be used to create a Springs Restoration Action Plan for Florida. The Action Plan will consolidate key points and next steps presented at the Springs Summit to support implementation. It will be available to Springs Summit attendees.
Summit Schedule Overview
You will have ample opportunity to ask questions of speakers and poster presenters.
- Day 1 Speakers will describe current springs science and management
- Lunch on Day 1 will feature a special guest for a keynote address
- Afternoon Social and Poster Session is designed to facilitate open dialogue
- Day 2 Speakers will delve into the agency, advocacy, legal, media, and legislative remedies
- Lunch on Day 2 will also feature a special guest for a keynote address
- Day 3 Field Trip to paddle the Silver River with knowledgeable guides from Rays Wayside Park to Silver Springs
Registration is Open, Only $75!
Thanks to sponsors and funders, the cost has been kept low to encourage participation by the public and nonprofit organizations. Register now>>
- Full Summit: $75 (Save $5)
- Summit Day 1: $45 (Sessions, Keynote Lunch, Afternoon Social and Poster Session)
- Summit Day 2: $35 (Sessions, Keynote Lunch)
- Summit Field Trip Day 3: $5 Park admission, bring your own canoe/kayak or rent one