Floridians Against Fracking Coalition has sent the following notice. We have come farther than ever before with the ban-fracking bills this year, but sorely need your help to keep the momentum going. Please make the following calls. It takes very little time. Florida and future generations thank you.
Comments by OSFR historian Jim Tatum.
-A river is like a life: once taken, it cannot be brought back-
Great news!! The ban fracking bill (SB 462) just passed its 2nd of 3 Senate Committees with UNANIMOUS support again! Thank you all who have been helping to make this happen by making calls, showing up at your legislators office, etc.
But the fight is far from over- our next hurdles are going to be in the Senate Appropriations Committee and the House. We need to ensure SB 462 gets a hearing and passes Appropriations next week. Senator Bradley is chair of Appropriations and he has not yet committed to bringing it for a vote. We also need to ensure we have the votes to pass it in committee so here are the 5 most important legislators you should be calling. Share this facebook event to help us spread this call-in info widely: https://www.facebook.com/events/1405532232890503/
- Senator Rob Bradley: 866-582-4813
- When you get his office say: Your name, your city, and you’d like to thank Senator Bradley for being a ban fracking champion and urge him to keep up the good work by bringing SB 462 for a vote in his Appropriations Committee.
- House Speaker Richard Corcoran: 866-696-8249
- When you get his office say: Your name, your city, and you urge Speaker Corcoran to stand with Floridians- not Big Oil- by supporting the ban fracking bill HB 237
- Share the attached image and post on FB to urge your friends to call
- Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto: 877-796-1949
- When you get her office say: Your name, your city, and you urge Senator Benacquisto to vote YES on SB 462 to ban fracking and protect our clean water.
- Senator Bill Galvano: 855-980-2321
- When you get his office say: Your name, your city, and you urge Senator Galvano to vote YES on SB 462 to ban fracking and protect our clean water.
- Senate President Joe Negron: 888-724-8943
- When you get his office say: Your name, your city, and you urge Senate President Negron to support SB 462 to ban fracking and ensure the bill passes the Senate this session.
Doug and Michelle
Floridians Against Fracking