OSFR has become involved with Sabal Trail Resistance by extending funds and support. Here are a few notes from the latest happenings from the leaders there.
1) Word has been put out to invite supporter organizations to sign up in support of the Sabal Trail Resistance. To date over 20 organizations have come on board and more are needed. This list can be viewed on the link to supporters at https://sabaltrailresistance.wordpress.com/supporters-of-str/
2) Main event on January 14-15, 2017 has been listed as FaceBook Event page under Mass Civil Disobedience to Stop the Suwannee River Crossing. 234 are interested in going and 1.9K have viewed.
3) A New Year’s gathering is also planned for the Water’s Life Camp on 12/30-31 including workshops, activities, group building exercises with a group coming from Sarasota to help coordinated. Pat Eng, an activist from Standing Rock will be coming out to speak regarding her experiences at Standing Rock. Ms. Eng has also been working with indigenous youth groups at Standing Rock. The financial “Divestment Movement” (removing bank accounts from banks that participate in funding the pipelines) will be discussed and explained.
4) Water’s Life camp has had up to 10 people that have come and gone and is down to 5 at present. Porta potties, shower, tents, kitchen and clean up areas are available albeit the camp is low on food supplies. It was suggested that the both the FaceBook page and the website clarify that activists will need to bring their own supplies and be willing to share.
5) Fundraising for ongoing supplies was discussed. There is one individual site already available to take donations and OSFR has added a specific donation site on its website under Donate/Shop and Sabal Trail Pipeline Protest Funds