Niagara’s Water Bottling Permit Near Groveland

Hello All,

I  want to give you a brief update on where we are regarding Niagara.  In my last e-mail, I mentioned that I wanted the county to ask the SJRWMD to hold the Niagara meeting here in Lake County. Well, our county manager has been in touch with the executive director of the SJRWMD, and they are considering it.  At any rate, we did not get an outright no, so I am encouraged.  As far as a date for that meeting, it is still up in the air.  The Groveland City Councilstill has to decide whether or not they will drop their case.   If they continue their case, it will go to trial in April.  If they choose to drop the lawsuit and go directly to the SJRWMD Board for a decision, then the public hearing could be as early as May.  Again, I will keep you posted.I have to say one last thing, many people seem to be under the impression that this whole thing is over.  Let me assure you that it definitely is not. We can not give up now.  The ultimate decision has always rested with the SJRWMD Board.   Even if we had continued the lawsuit and even with a favorable ruling, we would still have had to take it before the Board.  We all need to plan to be at that meeting, wherever it is held, and those of us who plan to speak need to be the most persuasive we have ever been!   (No pressure!)Regards,

Elaine

Back to top
Skip to content