Our Santa Fe RiverFest Singer/Songwriting Contest is a celebration of the glorious Santa Fe River. Talented contestants from all over Florida perform and write songs about their encounters and love of the river. An enthralled public audience listens attentively and occasionally sings along to the lyrics. With an outpouring of public enthusiasm, North Florida’s unique natural feature will be elevated through song to its rightful importance. Visitors from all over will travel far and wide to the 10th Annual RiverFest Singer/Songwriting Contest. Hosted by the non-profit Our Santa Fe River Inc., dozens of volunteers and community supporters will help with the success of this year’s festivities.
The kickoff RiverFest Plant Hike along the banks of the Santa Fe River, spearheaded by botanist specialist Dr. Colette Jacono on Saturday, March 19th, 2022, will mark the beginning of the 10th Annual Fundraiser, RiverFest. Saturday March 26th, 2022 will be the RiverFest Santa Fe River Springs Hop Paddle led by river guide Lars Anderson. The 10th Annual Fundraiser, RiverFest ends with the RiverFest Singer/Songwriting contest, Sunday March 27th, 2022 on the stage of Our Santa Fe River Inc.’s headquarters at RUM 138. The existence of a vibrant and healthy Santa Fe River ecosystem depends on the education and support of organizations like Our Santa Fe River Inc. and an appreciative public that will contribute to the economic prosperity of the region and state for the foreseeable future.
RiverFest helps fund:
- Protection of the waters and lands supporting the aquifer, springs and rivers within the watershed of the Santa Fe River
- Promotion of public awareness pertaining to the ecology, quality, and quantity of the waters and lands immediately adjacent to and supporting the Santa Fe River, including its springs and underlying aquifer,
- Education for future generations, through the Parknership Program, Plant Hikes, and guided river tours,
- Stewardship programs that clean up trash and contaminants in, along, and surrounding the Santa Fe River including sinkholes that are a direct conduit into the river, o Other Florida water enthusiast organizations that bring attention, awareness, and solutions to the threats surrounding our Florida waterways.
- Florida Springs Council, a consortium of member organizations from all over the state who are working together to ensure the restoration, preservation and protection of Florida’s freshwater springs and the Floridan aquifer.
*For sponsorship opportunities, silent auction donations, volunteering, and donations*
Contact Riverfest Event Co-Coordinator Rhonda Long (321)505-3228/Michelle Colson (352)467-0800